Get Certified and Become A Leader In Your Field!
The Animal Hospice and Palliative Care (AHPC) certification program for licensed veterinarians and licensed/registered veterinary technicians/nurses
It consists of five modules (more than 100-hours of RACE approved CE). Four of the modules are online and one is in person.
- Module 1 is online and provides an introduction to Animal Hospice and Palliative care
- Module 2 is in the only in-person module, offered in conjunction with the IAAHPC annual conference! It includes an advanced communication skills lab critical to animal hospice and palliative care and a wet lab that gives students the opportunity to learn advanced euthanasia techniques. Registration for this module includes registration at the conference at no additional cost.
- Module 3 is Advanced Animal Hospice Concepts
- Module 4 focuses on a deep understanding of pain and pain management in end of life care.
- Module 5 focuses on advance euthanasia techniques
- Students are also required to submit one case study and take a final exam.
The program is designed to be finished within 16 months in a flexible format designed to allow students to create a curriculum timeline that best fits your busy schedule. Online modules are on-demand streaming lectures with downloadable materials and quizzes to check understanding. Students can complete and submit modules at their own pace within the course time period.
Get started today:
Starts June 15,2020
Case Study and
• Link to Application
• Link to Handbook